Saturday, May 10, 2008

UberNana and another quilt......

So, yesterday I officially finished Maureen's quilt. She's been so patient, since it was supposed to be a Christmas present! Anyway, the binding was stitched on, as I sat at Hebert's, next to UberNana, chatting. When I finished, I announced that it was done, and I put it on Nana's lap. She was thrilled, and gently, and carefully looked at every color and seam....complementing me on my wonderful workmanship! All of a sudden, she dramatically pulled the quilt up to her neck, and pretended it put her immediately to sleep! We all laughed, and she thanked me for the Christmas Quilt. Hum......I looked at Grampa, and we both raised our eyebrows. After her saying that a few times, and me telling her that quilt was for Maureen....I finally got up, took HER Ocean Quilt off her bed, and put it on her (taking Maureen's off her) and she said, "Wow! Who's is this? This is beautiful!" So, I had to tell her a few times that that one was hers, and I made it for her for Christmas.......last Christmas....and that it had been on her bed for five months. She said she really liked it, but "no, really.....who's is it?" hehehe
When it was time to go, she wanted to give it back to me! We talked her into "holding onto it for the day", and to enjoy her nap!
Loosing your short term memory is a terrible thing, but sometimes, SOMEHOW.....it's rather entertaining! Aw......that's an awful thing to say, but it's true!!!

No comments: