Friday, June 27, 2008

Woopee!!!!!

Well, tomorrow I head down to CT for a well deserved day off! I'll leave right after lunch, and head down via RT 44. One of the times I went down to visit Liz and Mike, I happened upon Willimantic, CT.....the town with the amazing frog sculptures sitting on top of giant metal spools. I just love them! Unfortunately, on that trip I was rushed for time and could not stop to explore the town. What made it worse was I noticed a rather large, fancy looking quilt shop on Main Street. So, tomorrow, that will be my first stop! I'm also hoping to find a book store, with some local books explaining the history of the town, which OBVIOUSLY has something to do with mills and textiles....hence the giant thread spools, but the frogs? Hum.....I'm dying to find out what they mean.

After wandering around for a while, I'll head to Liz and Mike's. I'm looking forward to relaxing with them, and enjoying their new home! I'll be bringing my old, trusty, custom made butcher block cart with me.....along with a TV that has been sitting in storage for two years. Who knows, maybe the TV isn't any good, after all that dampness.....we'll see. I noticed that I only have three pieces of furniture in my storage unit......and some boxes. For that I pay $117 a month to store. I'm hoping I can talk Mike and Liz into letting me store the 20 boxes at their house, thereby saving myself some money. They already told me they would take the fouton. I have an antique jelly cabinet in there, that I'm going to somehow squeeze into my room for more fabric storage space. I have my most valuable piece of furniture down there, which I think Mike and Liz wouldn't mind holding onto for me......it's the beautiful coffee table that Maureen made for me in her shop class in high school! The last piece of furniture in there, is a maple table that Amy let me borrow for my apartment in Wickford. I'll be returning that to her this summer. So, with that said,......all I have left is about 20 boxes. Surely, not worth the storage fees!

Well, it's time to get ready for my big adventure! Time to do some laundry, charge up the cellphone, mapquest directions, get the camera.....etc. Oh boy, oh boy! I'll be free for about 27 hours! Ahhhhh.....nothing like a day off!!! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

of course you could store your boxes here!!! silly mom!