Monday, September 8, 2008

The Eagle has landed

Hi Everyone. Well, after sitting and waiting for six hours, Nana finally got discharged out of the hospital. The ambulance drivers came with a stretcher to pick her up. Nana was sitting in the chair. When one of the guys asked me if she could walk, I told him "she's very weak and shaky". So, then he said to her, "Would you like to dance with me?" She gave him a huge smile, and said she was kinda weak. So, he told her he would hold her up. Well, he got her into a standing position, and then started humming. She looked up at him, and smiled with delight. The sort of rocked back and forth a little, and inched their way over the two feet to the stretcher. When he finally sat her down on it, she said, "Oh! That was NICE!" (Hey.....it's MY turn!!! I WANNA DANCE!!!)
Anyway, Nana got over that fast enough, once they started putting the seat belts on her. She knitted her eyebrows together, as she does when she's worried..... I was constantly reassuring her I would be right behind her. She was glad to see me in the elevator, next to her.......and glad to see me get out of the elevator with her.......glad to see me standing in back of the Ambulance......and really glad to see me standing in back of the Ambulance out in front of Hebert's. See? I told you I'd be right her. hehehehe
So, they wheeled Nana down the hallway. When we made the turn at the nurses' desk, I saw Grampa jump up from the chair he had been sitting in at the end of the hallway......w.aiting and watching! He gave me a huge wave and a giant smile! He almost ran to the stretcher! "Wait, Dad!!! Wait! Wait" hehehehehehe........Oh Lord......HUGS AND KISSES! The ambulance drivers had to stop the stretcher, and they both smiled. One of the guys said, "Wow, that's what I would want!"
Nana was thrilled to see Grampa. She was also thrilled to get into her nice, soft, comfortable blue recliner chair. I swear, she was trying to keep her eyes open two minutes after she sat down.
I hope they had a good night. I'll call a little later and check up on them. I'm going to try to stay here at the house today, as I used up a lot of gas (expensive gas) driving back and forth to the hospital every day. I need to get back to the process of packing up the house. It also appears that the grass doesn't know what's going on, and it has decided to continue to grow! Aw damn....

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Mushy mushy kissy kissy...LOL