Monday, October 13, 2008

Piano Man

The piano man, Paul, came to the house today to look at Nana's "baby". He rebuilds Steinways, and also takes them on consignment. We came to agreement on the price, and he will be picking up the piano tomorrow. The deal is, he will get between $1,200 to $1,500 for me within 90 days....he pays for the transport of the piano. He said it's in great shape, and needs only to be tuned, and polished up a little. If this works it will be nice, because Nana paid only $1,300 for it in 1967. I know they are much more valuable these days, but I'd be happy with that price. I must admit, it will be strange to see it go. I guess I should play it a little tonight, as this will be my last chance. He did say, if for any reason I change my mind, I can at any time, but then I have to pay to have the piano transported back here to the house. I somehow don't think THAT'S going to happen!

No comments: