Sunday, October 12, 2008

To the Beach!!!!

What a beautiful day it was in New England yesterday! .......warm.....sunny and filled with color! Around 9a.m. I left the house and headed to Dave's market (sorry Mike, it's the closest!) to buy treats for Nana and Grampa. (Trail mix, Tangerines, cookies and the paper). When I got to Hebert's, I found them already outside, sitting on the porch, in the sun, enjoying the weather and fresh air! We had a nice visit, and I entertained them with stories of my adventures!

Once I left there, I headed right down to Wickford. It was fun to visit all my favorite places. The Wickford Flowershop looked nice, and smelled like roses and lilies! Yum...... I didn't get to see Julie this time, as she had the day off, but the girls did show me recent pictures of Little Miss Clover! What a beauty she is! Huge blue eyes, and big dimples when she smiles! All are doing well.

From Wickford, I headed down to Moonstone beach to pick up rocks. The Piping Plovers have left for the season, so the entire beach was open. Ah, rocks! I love rocks! I must have been a Geologist in another life time! When I finished picking up the rocks that caught my eye.......I sat on the beach for a while, and just enjoyed the sound of the waves and the view. The air turned a little cool around my ears, so I had to leave before I got a case of my hives. (I do travel with Benadryl all the time now, but only use it when I absolutely have to.)

On the way home, I stopped at The Ice Cream Factory, in North Kingstown! Oh boy was that good!!!

Today, I was wishing I could drive down to CT and surprise my friend Donna at the Elephant's Trunk flea market, but it's a little too far to drive for a joke. (About 2.5 hours!) Besides, the thought dawned on me, I might not be able to find her there, and then I'd be screwed!) I suspect I will find something to do outside today, though, as the weather is just spectacular!

We here, on the East Coast, are in our "Ya-better-enjoy-it-while-ya-can" mode! Well, SOME OF US, are in the "Holy-crap-winter-is-coming" mode!!!! (Hi Joe!) Silly.






1 comment:

Maureen said...

I'm on the east coast too....but it was 85 at 8:30 this morning!!!!!