Thursday, August 14, 2008

Grampa's moving

Hi Everyone.....well, here's what's new in the planning stage. Grampa, Doug and I went over to Hebert's again, to look at the room. Doug had not seen it. It's a great room, and we're all in agreement about that. At this point, unless something changes.....we are all set to move him into Hebert's in ten days, or on the weekend of August 24th.

Here's the rest of the plan......so far. I'll be able to collect unemployment, while I'm job hunting for another job, as I've worked enough quarters to do that. Grampa is going to pay all of the house bills for as long as I want to live in the house. I can live in the house until he runs out of money, and at that point may have to sell the house. The estimated time of that happening, would be in eight months. Meanwhile, I will be selling some things, throwing out the old useless stuff (like the three dozen worn out sheets for twin beds.....probably 30 years old!) and giving some things away. We pretty much have Grampa's list of what furniture/clothing/possessions he wants to bring with him. He told Nana this afternoon, and she was thrilled! She did want to double-check to make sure that's what he WANTED to do......so, even in her non-memory state, she's still trying to do the best thing for him.

So, I'm relieved that I don't have to like move out and find a job in the next two weeks!!! Phew. The news is all pretty much good today. Grampa seems pleased with his final decision. Of course, I think he's also thinking in that little head of his, "well, if I don't like it...I can move back....". Doug and I have both told him that that won't work, but that's when I thought I was going to have to move out asap, and find an apartment/job. The fact that he's willing to pay the house expenses buys him some time.

No comments: