Sunday, August 31, 2008

Emptying a house is a lonely job

It's a very lonely thing to empty out a house of 67 years of living. I did really well the first few days, as some things were just easy to dispose of. However, as the days go by, it's getting harder and harder........so many beautiful things to think about. I haven't even made it to the pictures yet! I'm not looking forward to that. Actually, I'm thinking I might not even go through them, until after I move. I'll just move them all in their boxes.

The good news is, it's much easier to close up a house when the parents are still living. It's got to be so much harder if you are mourning someone, and then trying to make all of these decisions!

I can't wait to go to CT to start condo looking! I'm excited about my new life!

No comments: