Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Successful move

Well, Grampa had a smooth move into Hebert's on Sunday. Thanks Mike, for coming up and spending 11 hours moving stuff.....plus driving over four hours to do it! (Got your trailer unloaded yet? hehehehehe! Maybe it would be easier if you just turned it into a shed now!)

Grampa seemed relieved to be on his way. The stress and worry left his face, and he looked pretty relaxed, although he did admit to us that he was a little bit nervous. We told him that was normal, which it is.

While Mike, Doug and I got the furniture settled, Nana and Grampa were off starting their third honeymoon someplace! Grampa told me yesterday that they spent five hours holding hands on Sunday afternoon. That's so odd for me to think about, because Nana and Grampa were never hand holders. That just started when Nana went into Epoch 20 months ago. The only time I ever remember seeing them hold hands was, going up stairs together, or on icy sidewalks. Oh well.....

So now my head is starting to spin with all the work I have ahead of me. Believe it or not, we actually now have the house half empty. Not that Grampa took THAT much stuff......but I've been throwing away all the old, un-useable stuff. The trash man is not going to like me tomorrow! Maybe I should put out a six pack of ice tea for him? Very, very cold ice tea!

My goal this week is to dispose of as much as I can, and straighten up the house. I've already had a few neighbors in to look at the dining room set, the couches, etc. Last night, our friends Sheila and Russ stopped over to ask about Grampa, and I think their daughter and son-in-law might buy the dining room set, the piano and the corner curio cabinet! We'll see. They are moving back up here from North Carolina and are leaving behind some old furniture and plan to buy some when they get here. Sounds like a possible deal to me!

Well, I'll keep you all up to date on things. Meanwhile.....Happy Belated 2nd Anniversary to Liz and MIke!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Just Breathe....you'll be fine