Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Lesson #2

Well, I've learned how to adjust the time, to my zone. I've also found all of the necessary settings area. I'm whipping right along, I'd say! Watch out, you kids, I'm catching up at an alarming rate!!! Once I get the technical parts arranged the way I want, I suppose it will be time to get down to the nitty-gritty of it all, and actually write something profound!.....or not.....Hopefully, in my thirty eight years of being a parent, I've taught my kids pretty much all they need to know from me, and all I'm capable of teaching them. That doesn't mean I won't have NEW things and opinions to share with them. It's interresting, now that my daughter and son-in-law have a new baby, that it's reminding me of all sorts of things that I experienced during those years, that I may not have shared with my kids. For the most part, they will experience their own set of joys, trials and traumas....which may or may not be similar to mine. In that case, they will learn all sorts of things that I never learned. These days, I think for the most part, parents are smarter and more educated than my generation of baby boomers. For example.....in the 1970's it was believed that babies weren't very smart.....they were "just babies, and didn't understand too much". Now, of course, we know that's not true and it amazes me at how much babies understand and observe about their world! Hum......
Well, while sitting here the world has rotated enough for the sunlight to shine on some incredibly dirty windows and I feel compelled (oh God, I wish it would pass!!!) to clean them! Eeeeks......so off I go to clean windows. Don't YOU have something better to do also?????

No comments: