Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wonderful day off!

Well, as I expected, I had a wonderful day off. If there's one thing I do REALLY WELL, it's PLAY!!!! I won't write all the details, as I'm tired from my adventure. I left the house just before noon, and headed down to Charlestown, RI. Getting there took one hour from here. I found a great quilt shop that I had been reading about. The fabrics were beautiful, well priced and they had a nice staff. I bought four different fabrics that I had never seen before, including one with beautiful Dragonflies on it!
After leaving there, I crossed over route one, and went to Moonstone beach. Years ago, it used to be a nudist beach, so I've never been there. Today, I figured it was a pretty safe bet that at 20 degrees, I would not run into too many, fat, ugly, nude people.....and I was right, I didn't. I found some fantastic rocks! (Hense the name of the beach) The rocks are round, smooth, and beautiful. I filled all of my pockets, and hauled away as many as I could carry. I can't believe I forgot my camera when I left the house. (In too much of a hurry to get out to play, I guess!)
I stopped to walk abound Wickford village for a while. Then I went to see th movie Cloverfield. Cool movie.
Around 5p.m. I managed to find the new Whole Foods Market in Cranston. Nice Place!!! I bought some treats for myself for supper. I also bought some fancy tea, a music CD (Latin Lounge to put on my iPod) and some Rhode Island Soapworks hand and body lotion (Lavender Citrus). If you're reading this, and have never seen the RI Soapworks products, you should check out their website. At least I'm sure they have a website? Doesn't everyone??
My outing was over by 6:30p.m. however, my "day off" continues until late afternoon, tomorrow.......so I'll have to think of something else exciting to do tomorrow! God, this is very close to what normal people think of as a WEEKEND! I can't believe I haven't had a day OFF since December 19th, 2007.

2 comments:

Kate B said...

Just think, pretty soon you'll have a whole WEEK off! Well, kinda. You'll still have a couple people to take care of. But one of them is tiny and cute! And really, you take care of her, we can take care of ourselves and you!

eps said...

Sounds like a GREAT plan!!!