Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Carol's wake

This evening I said good bye to my cousin's wife, Carol. She finally looks peaceful, after gasping for breath for years! She has two adult children, who were doing well. As I sat in the living room of the funeral home, and observed everyone, I was saddened for "the kids". My cousin Buddy died five years ago, leaving two kids and a few grandchildren. Now, his wife, Carol...my cousin Alfred died four years ago leaving two kids also. My brother Don died five years ago, also leaving two kids and grandchildren. All of these young people, in their 30's have lost their parents already! I'm sixty, and still have mine! I've been blessed with an extra 30 years of having parents. Hum....

I hope I've inherited the longevity genes from my parents, because I hope to be around for a long time! I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up! There's still THAT......whatever it is!

No comments: