Monday, February 25, 2008

Recharging batteries.....

I just realized that a "day off" is like recharging my batteries. Silly, I know, but that's what it feel like. I didn't do anything spectacular.....just did what I do best, which is WANDER and EXPLORE. I love the feeling of being FREE when I just meander through the area. Yesterday, I chose to meander in Wickford, still one of my favorite places in the area. News for those of you who know them, JULIE and PALMER are pregnant! She looks wonderful, and tells me it's a girl and she's due in May. What great news for them!
JW Graham is still the most popular store in Wickford and always fun to explore to see what's new. Wickford Flowers was a bit of a disappointment, but I suppose this is the slowest month of the year, so I'll forgive them.
My goal was to find the quilt shop that was supposed to be in Smithfield, on Rt 5......but I never did find it! (I left the exact directions at home, along with the name of the shop.....duh......) Maybe the directions I found online are old and outdated. Oh well......staying out of quilt shops saves me money!
UberNana was quiet and seemed sad yesterday......that was the report from Grampa. I'll have to check that out today. Maybe she was feeling a bit under the weather, as there are lots of colds going around.
Well, back to "work" today with all of us! Yes, even YOU, Kate. You have the HARDEST JOB of all.........trust me, I know!

No comments: