Wednesday, February 20, 2008

St. Patrick's Tree

Sometimes things just HAPPEN. I seem to have started a new tradition. Since my elderly mother could not bear to see her little Christmas tree be put away......I decorated it in reds and pinks for Valentine's day and the month of February. Well, it's official.....it's now a St. Patrick's Day Tree. It, of course, has green, sparkling shamrock garland on it. I also painted two dozen stars green, and put glitter on them. The ribbon this month, is a light green sheer, with white polka-dots. I also bought, and painted six words to hang on it. "LOVE'', "LIFE", "FAMILY", "SMILES", "LAUGHTER", and ''WISH''. It looks really cute. .....sort of a sophisticated St. Patty's tree. Well, think about it......I could have put Guinness Stout beer bottles on it! Nana really seems to enjoy looking at the tree, which is all I really care about.
I'm counting the days until I have another day off again! Friday I'm due to drive down to CT to meet Amy and the monsters. The weatherman seems to want to send some snow to us on the same day, but I think I'll be home by the time the excitement starts! We'll see.
Other than that, it's a quiet day at the old Fort.

No comments: